Most of us do not want to think about dying. We all need to make provision for those we leave behind.
The law which dictates how your estate passes to your survivors is complicated and to make sure that your wishes are met means planning well in advance.
The sooner that you make appropriate arrangements the better chance you have of taking advantage of all the tax planning opportunities that exist and ensure that your beneficiaries receive the maximum available. Remember, without planning a large amount of your wealth may go to the Government and not your beneficiaries.
Remember that it is vital that you make appropriate provisions so that you and your spouse have adequate income and capital in later years. Reaching this balance calls for skill and a detailed knowledge of the tax law.
We provide a comprehensive estate planning service that includes:
- Help with drawing up and reviewing your will
- Making full use of exemptions and lower tax rates on lifetime transfers
- Optimising lifetime transfers between spouses
- Transferring business property to take advantage of Business Property Relief
- Transferring assets into trusts
- Arranging adequate life assurance to cover potential inheritance tax liabilities
You cannot start Estate Planning too early.